Air Jamaica resumed operations today at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, Jamaica. Check in facilities opened this morning at 9:00AM local time. The first departure is JM Flight 037 to Ft. Lauderdale scheduled for 12:40 PM. The first arrival is JM Flight 016 from New York JFK scheduled for 12:45 PM. All other Air Jamaica flights to and from Kingston and Montego Bay with the exception of the flights below will operate as normally scheduled:
– JM Flight 079 ? Kingston to Toronto has been rescheduled and will now depart Kingston at 2:30 p.m. arriving Toronto at 7:30 p.m.
– JM Flight 033 ? Kingston to Ft. Lauderdale is cancelled
– JM Flight 021 ? Kingston and Montego Bay to Miami is cancelled
– JM Flight 078- Toronto to Kingston has been rescheduled and will now depart Toronto at 8:50 p.m. arriving Kingston at 11: 45 p.m.
– JM Flight 038 ?Ft. Lauderdale to Montego Bay departed at 9:20 AM and is scheduled to arrive in Montego Bay at 9:50 AM local time
– JM Flight 020 ? Miami to Montego Bay is cancelled
– JM Flight 002- London to Montego Bay and Kingston is cancelled.
Guaranteed Travel Program
Air Jamaica has put measures in place to assist passengers whose travel plans may be affected by the hurricane. The airline encourages passengers with questions regarding their flights to visit www before calling the customer service hotline (phone number listed below)..airjamaica.com
Passengers who are holding tickets to/from Barbados, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Kingston, Montego Bay, Nassau and St. Lucia issued on/before August 16, 2007, for travel August 17 – 24, 2007 may change their itinerary without penalty subject to the following conditions:
* Passengers must already be in possession of a ticket.
* Passengers will be guaranteed the same fare as they were originally ticketed within the applicable fare parameters up to August 31, 2007.
* A request for deferral of travel must be made prior to departure of the original travel date.
* Tickets with an expiry date during the above-mentioned period will be extended for travel up to August 31, 2007. Passengers are advised to keep a record of their locator number.
* Passengers with totally unused tickets who elect not to travel will be issued a voucher for future travel on Air Jamaica for the full value of the ticket without penalty. The voucher will be valid for one year from the date of issue. Passengers originating in the UK will be given a full refund without penalty.
Passengers are being asked to visit www.airjamaica.com or call Air Jamaica reservations for up-to-date information regarding your flight.
In Jamaica: 1-888-FLY-AIR-J
In the USA, Canada or the Caribbean: 1-800-523-5585
In the UK: 0-208-570-5999
About Air Jamaica
Air Jamaica provides more non-stop flights to Jamaica than any other carrier with more than 300 flights per week from Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Newark, New York (JFK), Orlando, and Philadelphia in the United States; Toronto in Canada; and from London in the United Kingdom to Montego Bay and Kingston. Air Jamaica also offers daily non-stop service between New York (JFK) and Barbados and direct service between JFK to both St. Lucia and Grenada. Air Jamaica also offers intra-regional service with flights between Jamaica and the Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire, Cuba, Curaçao, Grand Cayman, Grenada and St. Lucia. Effective July 22 Air Jamaica offers the only nonstop flights from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados.
Please also refer to the website of the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) for an update on the tourist industry and state of the infrastructure at; www.jtbonline.org