KINGSTON, Jamaica – British and US security agencies have imposed stricter limits on carry-on items in the wake of a foiled terror plot on aircraft from Britain to the United States .
Therefore with immediate effect, Air Jamaica has implemented the following measures on all its flights:
– No liquids, including alcohol, gels, shampoo, suntan lotion, toothpaste, and items of similar consistency are allowed in carry-on luggage.
– Liquids or gels that are purchased at in-bond shops inside the departure area of airports will not be allowed on the aircraft.
– Passengers are being advised to pack these restricted items in their checked luggage
– Passengers are being encouraged to travel light to expedite the screening process.
The following items are allowed on board the aircraft:
– Baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling
– Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket
– Insulin and essential other non- prescription items.
With the additional security measures passengers will undergo more extensive screenings and are required to be at the airport for check-in three hours before departure.
All Air Jamaica flights are operating as scheduled at this time but passengers are being asked to monitor the media and our website www.airjamaica.com for updates.