Digicel will introduce the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 – the newest addition to the BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones – in all of its 26 markets across the Caribbean and Central America by March 2011.
The BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 is the first BlackBerry Bold smartphone to come with the new BlackBerry® 6 operating system, which retains the familiar and trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh, approachable and engaging experience that’s powerful and easy to use.
“Building on the success of the BlackBerry Bold series of smartphones, we are now pleased to work with Digicel to bring the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone featuring the new BlackBerry 6 operating system to their customers in Jamaica,” said Rick Costanzo, Managing Director, Latin America, Research In Motion.
Featuring a premium and iconic design with an incredibly easy-to-use keyboard and optical trackpad for smooth navigation, the compact and elegantly styled BlackBerry Bold 9780 is packed with advanced communications and multimedia features. The BlackBerry Bold 9780 offers a compelling blend of features, performance and design and comes with a 5MP camera with a full complement of high-end features including continuous auto focus, scene modes, image stabilisation, flash and video recording. The BlackBerry Bold 9780 also includes 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB of additional storage.
“Digicel is once again leading the mobile industry with the roll out of the BlackBerry Bold 9780, another fantastic addition to RIM’s suite of BlackBerry smartphones. We pride ourselves on enabling our customers to experience the latest and best technologies, and this innovative product, combined with our fast and reliable network and great customer service, will allow our customers even more flexibility in managing their professional and personal needs,” says Digicel Group Commercial Director, Brian Finn.
“This sleeker, newer version of the BlackBerry Bold is perfectly suited for people constantly on the go who need connectivity in real time. With the inclusion of the BlackBerry® 6 operating system, the 9780 will offer expanded messaging capabilities which simplify the management of social networking and make access to the internet easier and more interactive,” he further states.
Digicel has been the leading mobile service provider of BlackBerry handsets within the Caribbean and Central American markets since launching the smartphone over five years ago. Additionally, Digicel’s competitive prepaid and postpaid price plans offer fantastic value and are tailored to suit diverse customer needs.
Key features of the Blackberry Bold 9780:
- Offers integrated access to BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), Facebook®, Twitter™, MySpace™ and various instant messaging applications.”
- Has a new and rich WebKit-based browser that renders HTML web pages quickly for a great browsing experience
- Includes tabs for accessing multiple sites simultaneously and a zoom feature that can intelligently auto-wrap text in a column while maintaining the placement of a page’s key elements for easier viewing
- Offers integrated access to BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), Facebook®, Twitter™, MySpace™ and various instant messaging applications on the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone.
- Has enhanced multimedia experience with a dedicated YouTube app.
- Features redesigned Music and Pictures applications and a new universal search feature that allows users to more effectively search for content on the smartphone as well as extend their search to the Internet or to discover applications on BlackBerry App World™.