Journey of Joy Children’s Events presents its ‘Early Yearning, Early Learning’ mini-educational forums for parents of Toddlers, Preschoolers and Elementary aged children through 5th grade.
Monthly presentations of Early Childhood focused topics are offered which promote and foster positive parent involvement and understanding of their child’s learning through the various stages of early development.
Parents who understand their child’s developmental stages are better able to facilitate their child’s overall progress and aid in their development thus, ultimately gearing their child for more successful early learning.
The Educational Mini-Forums serve to enhance and enrich the lives of both parents and their children as they gain the knowledge needed to help build a firm foundation for their child’s learning skills and reinforcing their abilities!
Topics to be presented will vary each month.
It will include, but not be limited to, a focus on the following:
– Yearning For Learning…a young child’s world!
– Learning To Read
– Your Child’s Social Skills development
– The Significance of ‘Play’ in your child’s development
– Academic Learning
– The importance of music in your child’s learning
– Your child’s physical developmental skiils
– An exploration of the importance of Rhyme and Riddle
– Science and the Young Child
– Math and the Young Child
– Social Studies is all around you!
– Developing your child’s writing skiils
– Teaching Safety to a Young Child
– Developing Healthy Habits
– Coping with your child’s disabilities
….and so much more
When: First Thurs. of Every Month, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
(Begins Oct. 2, 2014)
(Note: Childcare is not available)
Where: Maitland Senior Center
345 South Maitland Ave, Maitland, Fl. 32751
Cost: $10 Per Person
* Participation limited to 80 people
* Light Food & Refreshments Available for Purchase