(TSX: EMA) and (TSX: NSI.PR.D) James D. (Jim) Eisenhauer, FCA, has been appointed Chair of the Board of Directors of Nova Scotia Power. Mr. Eisenhauer succeeds George A Caines, Q.C., who has served as Chair since 2009 and as a director since 1995.
Mr. Eisenhauer has been a Director of Nova Scotia Power Inc. since 2008. He is President and Chief Executive Officer of ABCO Group Limited, which has holdings in manufacturing and distribution activities. He is a Professional Engineer and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nova Scotia. Mr. Eisenhauer has been a member of the Board of Nova Scotia Business Inc. since 2005, and Chair since November, 2010. He is also a member of the Board of Composites Atlantic and Atlantic Industries Limited and chairs its Audit Committee.
“Jim is a businessman who understands Nova Scotia, but also has experience running a business that competes in global markets,” said Chris Huskilson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Emera Inc. “We benefit greatly from his decades of experience as a business leader and as a leader in the community.”
“I also want to thank George Caines for his leadership and guidance on both the Emera and Nova Scotia Power Boards,” continued Mr. Huskilson. “His contributions to our company over the last 16 years have been invaluable.”
Mr. Caines, a partner with the Atlantic Canada law firm Stewart McKelvey and past President of the Neptune Theatre Foundation has completed his terms on the Emera and Nova Scotia Power boards.
“I want to pay tribute to the leadership of George Caines, whose service on our board – and as Chair – has helped shape the cleaner energy and customer service transformation under way at Nova Scotia Power,” said Mr. Eisenhauer.
In addition to Mr. Eisenhauer, the Nova Scotia Power Board includes:
* Wesley Armour, President and Chief Executive Officer of Armour Transportation Systems of Moncton, N.B.
* Lee Bragg, Chief Executive Officer of Eastlink, a Nova Scotia-based cable and communication company.
* Irene d’Entremont, C.M., President of ITG Information Management Inc. of Yarmouth, N.S.
* John McLennan, Chair of the Board of Emera Inc., and former Chair of the Board of Nova Scotia Power.
* Marie Rounding, Counsel to Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP, and former President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Gas Association.
* Elaine Sibson, Chair of the Nova Scotia Workers’ Compensation Board.
* Chris Huskilson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Emera Inc.
* Rob Bennett, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nova Scotia Power.
Mr. Eisenhauer will stand as a nominee to Emera’s Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting on May 4, 2011.