The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) has received the following reports from St. Mary and Portland:
- Annotto Bay to Fort George road is inundated
- Fording at Tryall is inundated
- Balcarres – seven homes
- Winters Castle – one home
- Cammodore – one house caved in, bridge rails washed away and one shop flooded
- Moore Town – one home
- Black Hill
- Hope Bay
- Swift River
Your browser may not support display of this image.
Rivers in Spate
- Fellowship river
- Rio Grande river
- A river in Fruitful Vale
Streets Covered with Water
- Fellowship road leading to Berrydale
- Canewood road
- Winter Castle Road
The public is advised to continue monitoring the radio for further advisories and to avoid areas that are at risk from flooding and landslides. Also take the following precautions in the event of heavy rains:
- § Be ready to evacuate if you live in low-lying or flood-prone areas. Decide on likely evacuation routes now. Plan to stay with family or friends in safer areas or in a public shelter and move to safety.
- § Avoid flooded waterways, gullies, streams or rivers, either on foot or in vehicles.
The ODPEM is currently assessing the situation in the affected areas and the St. Mary and Portland Parish Disaster Coordinators will be conducting needs assessments in the affected communities.
The Meteorological Service and ODPEM will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be provided as the situation demands.