International Reggae Day (IRD) is July 1. Launched July 1, 1994. International Reggae Day is a 24-hour global media festival which celebrates the power and impact of Jamaica’s music, creativity, and global influence. The festival’s international network mobilizes a 24-hour Reggae party anchored at www.ireggaeday.com, inviting Reggae fans worldwide to wear their Reggae colours, plant a tree and explore other aspects of Jamaica’s creative experience
As we countdown to the 24 hour global Reggae party on July 1st, we would like to confirm your participation and explore programming options for broadcast specials in recognition of the celebration.
We invite you to register your participation online at http://ireggaeday.com/mediaclub.html to access music, images, latest news about July 1 and ensure hyperlinks are made between our websites.
Suggested broadcast Ideas
* IRD 2011 Honourees -Dennis BrownBurning SpearGregory Issacs – live/album features – interviews
* Interview Links – Variety of options from artistes releasing singles on July 1 to participants in the UWI Symposium, Reggae ambassadors on tour and overseas IRD network (producers, industry players, media, promoters, party hosts etc)
* New Releases – July 1 will mark the launch of new singles from Sizzla, Tarrus Riley, Jesse Royal, TOK, and others including new video and requested their inclusion in your July 1 playlist
* Plant a Tree – invite your audience to Plant a tree whereever they are for July 1 as a part of the IRD green campaign
* July 1 Flyer/Drop – create a flyer or drop to promote your IRD specials and share with us so we can share it as part of the schedule.
Looking forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience to confirm your partnership in this 24 hour global media Reggae party.