Internal Revenue Service Is Now Hiring Contact Representatives
Grades GS-05/06/07 (Target Grade GS-08)
Located at 3849 Richardt, Indianapolis, IN
Employment begins October 1, 2009
IRS has made it easier to apply for jobs
Register and Apply on-line June 8 – June 19, 2009
GS-05: one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 level in one or a combination of the following: auditing, accounting, bookkeeping, dealing with the public on the phone or thru written correspondence to research/resolve/adjust customer accounts; OR have completed 4 years of education above high school (120 semester hours) leading to a Bachelors Degree; OR have a combination of experience and education as illustrated in the on-line announcement.
GS-06: one year specialized experience (above) equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal service.
GS-07: one year specialized experience (above) to include tax work equivalent to the GS-06 level in the Federal service.
Key Requirements for all applicants:
- Must be a U.S citizen (Verification of citizenship required)
- Male applicants born after 12/31/59 must have registered with the Selective Service
- Qualified applicants must complete a Job Simulation and a Telephone Assessment
- Satisfactory fingerprint and background checks are required
- Candidates must be 18+ years of age and tax compliant
- College transcripts/Forms DD-214 (if claiming Veterans Preference) must be provided by the closing date of the announcement
- Computer skills desirable
SEE ANNOUNCEMENT AT WWW.USAJOBS.GOV FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY
Tour of duty will be Monday-Friday, 8 hours between 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Per Hour Salary: GS-05 = $14.79 GS-06 = $16.49 GS-07=$18.32
EXCELLENT BENEFIT PACKAGE
For additional information you may contact the Kansas City Recruitment Office at 816-291-9400
“The IRS is committed to assuring that all employees perform in a manner warranting the highest degree of public confidence and demonstrate the highest level of ethics and integrity.” EOE