1. Identify a special location in Jamaica – this could include a historic landmark, a place of recreation, a town or city, or even your family home. Describe this place and explain the reason why it stands out in your mind.
2. Identify an outstanding Jamaican individual or group in the global Diaspora who has made an impact by representing Jamaica’s image positively in their community or by their contribution to the development of their homeland, Jamaica.
3. Describe how your Jamaican heritage has impacted your development as an individual.
4. How would you like to see Jamaica’s Independence celebrated in your community?
5. How can you contribute as a young Jamaican in “advancing the welfare of the whole human race”?
6. Describe how best you can contribute to the development of Jamaicans in the Diaspora, as a person (youth) of Jamaican heritage.
* * * * * * *
• Each entrant must choose only one topic. The response must NOT exceed two pages and should be double-spaced.
• Essays can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to the Consulate General of Jamaica, 25 Southeast Second Avenue – Ste 609, Miami, FLA 33131. Each entry must be accompanied by the contestant’s name, address, telephone number and age. There are three age categories for entrants: five to eight (5-8); nine to twelve (9-12); thirteen to eighteen (13-18).
• The deadline for entries is Wednesday, July 17th.