The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) took home a total of 24 awards at the 26th Annual World Travel Awards during the Caribbean & North America Gala Ceremony, which recently took place at Sandals Montego Bay. Amongst the coveted awards bestowed were the Leading Caribbean Destination, Leading Caribbean Cruise Destination and for the 13th year in a row, the Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board.
“We are proud and excited to kick off 2019 with such an impressive showing at the World Travel Awards,” said Donovan White, Jamaica’s Director of Tourism. “These awards reaffirm Jamaica’s commitment in human capital and assures that our visitors from around the globe can expect only the very best service and experience when visiting the destination.”
A complete list of awards, including those won by tourism partners is as follows:
- Caribbean’s Leading Destination (Jamaica)
- Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2019 (Jamaica)
- Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board (Jamaica Tourist Board)
- Caribbean’s Leading Adventure Tour Operator (Islands Routes Caribbean Adventures)
- Caribbean’s Leading Adventure Tourist Attraction (Dolphin Cove)
- Caribbean’s Leading Airport (Sangster International Airport, Jamaica)
- Caribbean’s Leading Airport Lounge (Club Mobay @ Sangster International Airport, Jamaica)
- Caribbean’s Leading Boutique Hotel (Rockhouse Hotel)
- Caribbean’s Leading Boutique Resort (GoldenEye)
- Caribbean’s Leading Conference Hotel (Half Moon)
- Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Port (Ocho Rios)
- Caribbean’s Leading Destination Management Company (GO! Jamaica Travel)
- Caribbean’s Leading Entertainment Venue (Margaritaville Caribbean)
- Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Resort (Sandals South Coast)
- Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand (Sandals Resorts International)
- Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Residences (The Tryall Club)
- Caribbean’s Leading Independent Car Rental Company (Island Car Rentals)
- Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All Suite Resort (Jamaica Inn)
- Caribbean’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa (Fleming Villa @ GoldenEye)
- Caribbean’s Leading Luxury Resort (Meliá Braco Village)
- Caribbean’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre (Montego Bay Convention Centre)
- Caribbean’s Leading Tour Operator (GO! Jamaica Travel)
- Caribbean’s Leading Villa Resort (Round Hill Hotel & Villas)
World Travel Awards™ was established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all key sectors of the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. To learn more about the World Travel Awards, go to www.worldtravelawards.com.
For more information about Jamaica, please visit www.visitjamaica.com.
About Jamaica Tourist Board
The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB), founded in 1955, is Jamaica’s national tourism agency based in the capital city of Kingston. JTB offices are also located in Montego Bay, Miami, Toronto and London. Representative offices are located in Berlin, Barcelona, Rome, Amsterdam and Mumbai.
TripAdvisor® ranked Jamaica as the #1 Caribbean Destination and #14 Best Destination in the World in 2018. Also this year, the International Council of the Pacific Area Travel Writers Association (PATWA) named Jamaica the Best Destination for Adventure Tourism and TravAlliance Media named the JTB the Best Tourism Board Overall. Additionally, the JTB has been declared the Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards (WTA) for eleven consecutive years between 2006 and 2017. In 2017, Jamaica also earned the WTA’s award for the Caribbean’s Leading Wedding Destination and the Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination. Jamaica is home to some of the world’s best accommodations, attractions and service providers that have won several awards throughout the years.
For details on upcoming special events, attractions and accommodations in Jamaica go to the JTB’s Web site at www.visitjamaica.com or call the Jamaica Tourist Board at 1-800-JAMAICA (1-800-526-2422). Follow the JTB on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. View the JTB blog atwww.islandbuzzjamaica.com.
About World Travel Awards
World Travel Awards celebrates its 26th anniversary this year and is acknowledged across the globe as the ultimate travel accolade.
Attended by senior executives from major travel companies, operators, destinations, World Travel Awards events are universally respected as providing established, top level networking opportunities, regionally and globally.
The brand aims to celebrate those organizations who push the boundaries of industry excellence.
Find out more at www.worldtravelawards.com.