General Body Meeting
When: Wednesday, December 10th, 2008
Time: 6:30pm-7pm (Networking); 7pm Meeting
Where: Ruder Finn
301 E. 57th Street at 2nd Avenue, 3rd Floor
Note: This meeting will occur one week early due to the holiday season.
JAMPACT’s Holiday Party!!!
Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la! JAMPACT invites all members and friends to join us as we cozily celebrate the holiday season.
When: Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 6:00PM
Where: 187-16 Keeseville Avenue, Jamaica, NY
Refreshments will be served.
10th Anniversary Committee Meeting
When: Friday December 5, 2008 at 5:30PM
Where: The CUE Art Foundation
Please contact Cathy Kleinhans at [email protected] for more details and to RSVP.
The Fortune Society Job Announcement
The Fortune Society is a non-profit organization whose mission is twofold: to educate the public about criminal justice issues and to help those involved in the criminal justice system to break the cycle of crime and incarceration.
Position: Manager, Institutional Giving
The Manager, Institutional Giving will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the government grant application process and is primarily responsible for:
- Day-to-day managing of the government application process internally amongst development, finance, research and program staff; Researching government funding opportunities;
- Writing and preparing government grant proposals;
- Supervising the work of other staff and outside consultants in writing government grant proposals;
- Working with other staff and outside consultants in securing government appropriations; and
- Writing and preparing of fundraising materials for government officials, including concept papers, information packets, brochures, etc.
- Developing and implementing agency’s yearly fundraising goals and plan of action, in conjunction with the board, development team and upper management teams;
- Researching appropriations prospects and strategizing the agency’s approach to government officials;
- Attending and participating in meetings and case conferences within and outside the agency;
- Engaging in his/her own ongoing professional development; and
- Participating in other development-related activities, when needed and appropriate.
- A minimum of five years government grant writing experience
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Advanced degree (MPA, MBA or JD) required
- Commitment to the mission of the agency, helping those involved in the criminal justice system to break the cycle of crime and incarceration
All resumes must be submitted along with a cover letter specifying the position for which you are applying, in addition to salary requirement to [email protected]. No calls or faxes please.
Formerly incarcerated individuals and ex-substance abusers, who have successfully made the transition from confinement into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community, including sustained employment since release, are eligible to apply.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer