CANDIDATE FOR MIRAMAR COMMISSIONER SHARES 12-POINT MANIFESTO
Leo Gilling, Candidate for The City of Miramar Commission Seat 4, hosted his Election Orientation at Aventine at Miramar on Sunday, January 13, 2019, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The meeting was an opportunity for Gilling to announce his platform, hear from Miramar Residents and answer questions.
“I would like to share my dream for Miramar with you,” Gilling stated at the meeting. “A Dream to make Miramar a thriving metropolis and beacon in Broward, Florida and the Nation.”
Gilling provides further details on his plans as the City of Miramar Commissioner with his full 12-Point Manifesto provided below:
- Let’s Move Forward with making the needs of all Miramar residents our primary focus.
- Let’s Move Forward strengthening the Commission with a thoughtful and accountable leader on whom residents can depend.
- Let’s Move Forward with a Commissioner that has the required accounting knowledge, business experience, and abilities to properly understand and articulate the city’s budget.
- Let’s Move Forward with new ideas to increase revenue and help balance the budget.
- Let’s Move Forward with new and innovative ways for residents to spend Miramar dollars in Miramar.
- Let’s Move Forward with leadership that will take a participatory and holistic approach to policymaking.
- Let’s Move Forward as One Miramar where all cultures inside Miramar are united as one community.
- Let’s Move Forward with highlighting our great pride of historic Miramar by making it the Arts & Culture capital of the City and Broward County.
- Let’s Move Forward to retaining and developing micro, small and medium-size businesses for job creation, revenue growth, as well as social and cultural diversity.
- Let’s Move Forward with innovative ideas that will increase tourism.
- Let’s Move Forward to develop more Cultural, Social and Educational opportunities for our Youth.
- Let’s Move Forward with continuing to enhance public safety and creating a buzzing city of Commerce, Culture and Community, a beacon that strengthens Broward County, Florida and the Nation.
Leo Gilling is a Small Business Owner, Media Personality, Educational Advocate and Writer. He has decades of dedicated community service and over 20 years of business experience in Accounting, Cost Analysis, Insurance and Hospitality. Gilling has served on Miramar’s Parks and Recreation Board, Miramar’s Sister City Exploratory Committee, the Partners for Youth Foundation Board, the Caribbean Maritime University Foundation Board, Broward Alliance for Caribbean Educators and a member of the local Kiwanis club. Gilling is the proud father of four, and a mentor to many.
Gilling encourages Miramar residents to register to vote with the Broward County Supervisor of Elections on their website at www.browardsoe.org or call (954) 357-7050.
The City of Miramar is situated in southwestern Broward County, Florida and is the 3rd largest city in the County. Florida has a high population of Caribbean Immigrants.
For more information on Leo Gilling’s campaign, please visit www.leogillingformiramar.com.