• Search
    Jamaicans.com News and Events

Momentum Builds Ahead Of 6Th Annual EME Awards, February 4, 2010, Kingston

Spread the love

The publication of the nominees for this year’s 2010 staging of the Excellence In Music and Entertainment (EME) Awards which unfolds on Thursday February 4, at the Gardens at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, 81 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston, Jamaica has triggered wild voting well beyond the initial projection, organizers announced today.

An EME Awards spokesman said, “we had such a mad rush to our website that we had to speedily upgrade the capacity of our server to accommodate the increased traffic. In fact, we had to upgrade our server’s capacity to terabytes in order to facilitate the existing and growing traffic.”

Internet votes represent 30% of final scores. The other 70% is based on Chart success and overall impact.

Awards will be handed out in over 30 categories including, Dj of the Year, Vocalist of the year, Album, Song, Producer, Singjay, Lyricist, Best New Artist and Breakthru Artist of the Year among others. Additionally, music stalwarts Toots Hibbert and Denroy Morgan will each receive the award for ‘Role Model of the Year.’

Considering the number of A-Listers that will be attending the 6th Annual EME Awards, the world awaits the fashion statements that will be made on the Red Carpet which opens up  at 7 pm. The Awards Ceremony gets underway at 8 pm. The EMEs is an invitation only event that will be aired on CVM TV, CVM Plus, Hot 102 FM and other local and international media affiliates.

Founded by popular radio personality Richard ‘Richie B’ Burgess, the awards show was created to honor the players in the local music industry, both past and present. The non-profit venture has garnered unwavering support and popularity through the years and has attracted coverage from both the local and international media. Last year, the presence of America’s BETJ TV provided quite a fillip for the EMEs and their repeat airings of the event has definitely added to the excitement both here and abroad.

Rate this post

Spread the love
Written by
Staff Writer
View all articles
Cannot call API for app 591315618393932 on behalf of user 10157562959428589
Written by Staff Writer