The National Safety Council, a global leader in driver safety training for almost 50 years, has launched the NSC Defensive Driving Course – Left Side of the Road for the Caribbean nations. This course is designed specifically for motorists who drive in countries with road systems that pass oncoming traffic on the left side.
“Driving safety is a major global issue,” said Roger Marks, President, International Safety Council (a division of the National Safety Council). “Recognizing that about 30% of the world drives on the left side of the road, the Council felt the need to create this program to better keep people safe in more places around the globe.”
The Council operates in over 100 countries and has certified DDC training centers in 28 countries around the world. DDC-LSR is modeled after the same defensive driving principles that shape the world-renowned NSC DDC 8/6 Hour (9th Edition) program. Participants of the course will learn:
- Practical knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and violations
- Sensible advice for choosing safe and responsible driving behaviors and habits
- The importance of occupant safety devices and how to use them correctly
- Guidance for dealing with difficult driving conditions, distractions and fatigue
- Skills to recognize how attitude can help prevent accidents and improve decision making