Don’t let the chance slip away! Go Bananas in Saint Lucia! The Saint Lucia Tourist Board, in partnership with many of the island’s family friendly resorts, has launched the “Go Bananas Summer Family Program,” offering the best of the island’s experiences at exceptional summer values to families looking for an unforgettable vacation.
Families traveling from June 1 to September 30, 2010 can book a “Go Bananas” vacation, which includes:
Free stays and meals for children under the age of 17.
1. “Go Bananas” mixology session where kids learn to make tasty beverages using bananas, a major export crop for the island.
2. Saint Lucia discount card and coupon book accepted at many of the island’s restaurants and shops.
3. Have a whale of a time with a complimentary excursion from a choice which includes whale and dolphin watching, day cruise, a sky-ride, or horseback riding.
4. Kid’s Education Day on Pigeon Island National Landmark for a two-hour session to learn more about the Legends of Saint Lucia.
5. Complimentary room upgrade where available.
6. Complimentary babysitting for one evening.
7. A complimentary souvenir.
According to Louis Lewis, Director of Tourism, “We want to encourage families to come and see what the island has to offer; its uniqueness and family-friendly charm. The name incorporates our history with bananas which was once our main export and which is still a major part of our daily lives. Bananas are sweet and good for the soul, at the same time they could be funky yet kid friendly.”
Participating hotels include some of the island’s finest: Almond Resorts, Bay Gardens Resorts, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, Coco Resorts, Cotton Bay Village, The Marigot Bay Hotel, The Village Inn & Spa, Villa Beach Cottages and the Windjammer Landing Village Beach Resort.
Attractions participating in the program include ATV Adventure Tours, Captain Mike’s (Whale & Dolphin Watching), the Desmond Skeete Animation Centre, Eastern Caribbean Diving, Heritage Tours of Saint Lucia, International Pony Club (Horseback Riding), Pigeon Island National Landmark, Rain Forest Adventures (sky riding and tram ride).