Sons And Daughters Of Jamaica Inc. Annual 5K (3.1mi)
Sunday August 31, 2008
T-Shirts to first 100 participants
In Memory RT. Hon. Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Sons and Daughters of Jamaica, Inc. is a cultural and educational community based organization servicing communities in New York and in Jamaica, West Indies. Our mission is to build greater social unity and acceptance of diverse cultures through positive events that promote cross cultural exchange and understanding.
The 2008 5K run/walk will benefit our scholarship fund and also allow us to continue our advocacy on behalf of documented and undocumented immigrants.
Brian Figeroux, Attorney at Law
Simms Tax Services
From Westchester, the Bronx and points north:
· Take 87 South to the TriboroughBridge. Take Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (278) west to Brooklyn. Take Tillary St. exit. Turn left on Flatbush Ave. Take Flatbush Ave. to Lincoln Ave. Make right on Lincoln Ave. to park entrance.
From New Jersey, Staten Island and points south:
· Take the VerrazanoBridge to Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (278). Take the Prospect Expressway to the 10th Ave. exit. Turn left on 11th Ave. to Prospect Park Southwest. For Wollman Rink, turn right on Prospect Park Southwest to Park Circle. Follow Circle to ParksideAve.EnterPark at the Parkside/Ocean Ave. entrance.
From New Jersey, Manhattan and points west:
· Take Manhattan Bridge to Flatbush Ave., or take the Brooklyn Bridge, make left on Tillary St. and right on Flatbush Ave. Take Flatbush Ave. to Lincoln Ave. Make right on Lincoln Ave. to park entrance.
From Long Island:
· Take the Long Island Expressway (495) west to Brooklyn Queens Expressway (278) west towards Brooklyn. Take Tillary St. exit Turn left on Flatbush Ave. Take Flatbush Ave. to Lincoln Ave. Make right on Lincoln Ave. to park entrance.
The following subways are located near the Park:
· F train at 7th Ave. station, 15th St./Prospect Park station and Fort Hamilton Parkway station.
· 2 or 3 train at GrandArmyPlaza station.
· Q train at Parkside Ave. station and ProspectPark station.