Jamaica was the toast of the 16th Annual World Travel Awards in London recently as the destination celebrated a “Sweet 16” winning an outstanding 16 awards. For the third consecutive year Jamaica was recognized as Leading Caribbean Destination, World’s Leading Cruise Destination and Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Destination. Jamaica was also honored for its “Once you go, you know” campaign, in a new category, Caribbean’s Leading Marketing Campaign. The Jamaica Tourist Board was awarded Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Board for the third year in a row. These accolades confirm what many travelers already know – Jamaica is a hot destination.
Jamaica’s Director of Tourism John Lynch said, “We’re thrilled to be honored again with some of the industry’s top awards. This recognition acknowledges the success of our efforts in navigating the economic crisis and proves that Jamaica, with its unrivalled offerings, attractions and easy access, is an ideal destination that caters to all travelers.”
Many of Jamaica’s resorts and travel partners were also recognized, further illustrating the destination’s outstanding tourism product:
• World’s Leading Villa – Round Hill Hotel & Villas
• World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive – Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
• Caribbean’s Leading Villa Resort – Round Hill Hotel & Villas
• Caribbean’s Leading Conference Hotel – Half Moon, Montego Bay
• Caribbean’s Leading Beach – Montego Bay
• Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Port – Ocho Rios
• Caribbean’s Leading Adventure Excursion Operator – Chukka Caribbean Adventures
• Caribbean’s Leading Tourist Excursion – Dunn’s River Falls
• Caribbean’s Leading Honeymoon Resort – Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
• Caribbean’s Leading Airline – Air Jamaica
• Caribbean’s Leading Airport – Donald Sangster International Airport
Trafalgar Travel, a travel agency based in Jamaica, was also honored as the Caribbean’s Leading Travel Agency for the third consecutive year.