“the BIG debate”
Ras Astor Black ( JA M)
Patrick Harris (PNP)
Mr. Dennis Meadows (JLP)
September 1st 2007
Water Square, Falmouth
5pm to 12midnight
Brand Tre lawny “Independent”
Ras Astor Black, President, Jamaica Alliance Movement Candidate for North Trelawny.
E-mail: [email protected] Tel: 861-5233
I have invited my fellow candidates to join I on stage on September 1st as we publicly reason in front of all the voters of Trelawny and to forward after the election united for the growth of our parish.
I, Ras Astor Black, will be going to the people of Trelawny with the proposal to Branding Trelawny “Independent” and by doing so I will ask them to vote for I, to be the manager of a new style of governance for Trelawny, managing our own affairs: for example,
1. Water: 80 percent of the water pumped out of Trelawny goes to Montego Bay for tourism development and communities in the parish of origin is lacking. Payments for our assets goes to Kingston
– Residents of Trelawny will pay $200.00 per month for continues supply
– Businesses of Trelawny will pay a commercial rate
– Sale of Trelawny Water will stay in the Parish
– Profits from Trelawny Water will go to upgrades of the water system and education
2. Education: Upgrade to first world standard
– All school will be connected to wireless internet for continue learning
– Students of all ages will have access to international learning
– School teachers will be given accommodation on school property for easy access to their classrooms and their students.
– Students will attend the closest school to their residence
– Launch of a one million computer drive to give Trelawny Students wireless access to the world of information via the internet
3. Tourism: Marketing “Brand Trelawny Independent “
– maximizing our attraction potential
– abolish the no tipping concept imposed on the Trelawny hospitality professionals
– TPDCo lift-up Jamaica training for all interested in the travel industry
– Establish a Maxi Tours to be ready for the biggest cruise ship schedule stop in Falmouth 2009
4. Greenfield Stadium: marketing the stadium as a true multipurpose facility
– Trelawny Conference Centre
– Trelawny Sports Complex
5. Airport: a Trelawny International Airport to accept small co-operate jets
– Attracting investors wanting to do business in Trelawny timely.
– Create jobs for displaced sugar workers
– Sports teams arrivals and departure in comfort
6. Agriculture: Creating Co-operative
– Marketing of the Trelawny Brands
– Trelawny products will be packaged and marketed as a Trelawny Brand such as sugar, rum, yam, etc.
– Upgrade the farmers market to a from “field to table” concept
7. Security: Community Policing
– All members of our Trelawny Security Force will be equipped with a motorized vehicle
– All the modern technology need to carry out proper policing and security services
– All members of our Trelawny Security Force will work from their community of residence utilizing the fully equipped motorized vehicle for community Policing
8. Governance of Trelawny:
– All resources of Trelawny will be managed by a Board of Governance which will be made up of Citizen Association and Neighborhood Watch and NGO’s presidents.
– Eighty percent (80%) of the GDP of Trelawny will stay in the Parish and twenty percent (20%) will go to Kingston for the Consolidated Funds
I am asking that if the people of North Trelawny accept this proposal by voting unanimously on September 3rd for I, Ras Astor Black, the next Prime Minister with One Perfect Love respect the wishes of the Trelawny people.
For more information please call: Ras Astor Black, President – Jamaica Alliance Movement Candidate for North Trelawny.
E-mail: [email protected] Tel: 861-5233 or 327-9991